Recently one of our team sat in on a DairyNZ hosted webinar discussing the 2021 Resident Visa.
There were a lot of people on the webinar, and plenty of interest, so we thought it worth sharing some of the key messages:
- The 2021 Resident Visa is a one-off, simplified pathway to residence which will allow approximately 9000 primary sector workers who are currently on eligible Visa’s to apply and remain in New Zealand for work.
- Migrants can submit a 2021 Resident Visa application at the same time as their other application eg. Skilled Migrant Category application. Partners and dependent children can all be included on the one application (including those who are currently outside of NZ).
- To be eligible to apply for the 2021 Resident Visa applicants must have been in New Zealand on the 29th September 2021 and need to meet one of the following criteria on that date and at the time of applying:
- Settled - have been in New Zealand for a minimum of three years or 821 days prior to 29 September
- Skilled - be on a wage of at least $27 per hour in a full-time role on 29 September
- Scarce - work in a role on the scarce job list as per the occupations listed with Immigration New Zealand
- Applicants will need to meet the conditions around an acceptable standard of health and good character requirements but there are no age restrictions or English language requirements to obtain the Visa
Sounds great but how do you apply:
- You need to have all of your paperwork ready to apply as it will need to be completed in the one session
- The first intake will be on the 1st December for applicants who already have Visa applications submitted or those who already have an expression of interest submitted which includes dependent children aged 17 years or older.
- The second intake will be from 1st March 2022 for all other applicants who meet the criteria
Remember though that you must remain on a current eligible Visa to apply for the Resident Visa! Applications will close for the Resident Visa on the 31st July 2022.
For more information and specific application details go to https://www.immigration.govt.n...