This time last year as we welcomed in 2021, naively assuming that the horror that was 2020 was behind us, we faced the year with faith that the worst was over, and hope that 2021 was when the world would tilt back to ‘normal’. Instead we’ve seen another year of friends and families kept apart and businesses badly affected by border disruptions and lockdowns in the second half of the year, the brunt of the latter being borne by those in Auckland.
Fair to say, as we look forward to 2022, we do so with a little less hope for a return to normality, and a little more wariness about what the next 12 months will bring. For us here at No8HR we’ve been reflecting at a personal level on what this means for us, and whilst it’s different for us all, one thing we all agree on is that life has to – and does – go on; and while we can’t control what happens, we can choose to manage how we react to things. So we’ve challenged ourselves to approach 2022 with a positive mindset, both professionally and personally and this is something that we’ll be holding each other to account on.
It’s likely that you’ve seen or heard any number of lists of ‘positive thinking’, but this one of our favourites and has helped inform our approach to 2022, so we thought we’d share…
- Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose
- Every day brings new choices
- You cannot have a positive life and a negative mind
- Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations
- When you can’t find the sunshine, be the sunshine
- Don’t count the days, make the days count
- Life is 10% what happens to us, and 90% how we react to it
- And finally….life is tough my darling, but so are you.